Maintenance Crew Leader
You are an experienced Gardener who motivates and leads a Crew through the variables of the landscape season. You have professional skills and high expectations for self and crew in: Landscape Maintenance, Pruning, Plant Health Care, and Planting.
The Crew Leader plays a crucial role in the movement of the Crew, equipment and material throughout the day in order to service our clients property in a professional, safe, efficient manner.
Our Crew leader works in collaboration with the crew and maintains positive relationships through effective communication with colleagues and customers, role models the company vision of professionalism and represents our values for delivering a high standard of lawn, garden and planting service that our company can be proud of.
Our Crew Leader takes great pride in providing exceptional service and shares our passion for creating and maintaining great gardens.
- 3 years+ experience in all aspect of garden and lawn maintenance (weeding, edging, pruning, annual, perennial and tree planting, irrigation monitoring)
- Formal, informal education or training in gardening/Horticulture.
- Knowledge of all local health, safety laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Plant and shrub identification
- Valid G class “Ontario” license, clean drivers abstract and experience driving in the city
- Dedicated to build loyalty
- Lead by positive example
- Remarkable attention to details
- Skilled in small landscape machine work executed with precision (line trimmers, hedge trimmers, small mowers, and blowers)
- Physically fit and active
- Ability to work up to 12-hour days, Monday through Friday.
- Stamina and commitment to work through all types of weather: heat, cold, rain, and even some snow
- Comfortable with daily pick-up Truck driving in city
Wages and Extra Benefits:
- Competitive wages offered based on experience and demonstrated skills ($18-26)
- Paid travel between shop and job sites
- Health spending account after 3 months (RMT, dental, prescription drugs)
- Paid sick/personal day program after 3 months with a top up after 6 months
- Subsidized uniform
- Discounts at Marks Work Warehouse and other suppliers
Following a full year of employment foliage inc. provides:
- $200.00 annual contribution dedicated to the purchase of work-related clothing/gear.
- We encourage growth for returning employees by investing annually in their pursuit of professional development during the off season with Industry standard Courses ($400.00)
We look forward to reading your resume! Quote the position of your application and be sure to highlight your experience. We will respond to successful Candidates as we receive them.
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org